Events » National Renewable Action Plan 24 Feb 2011
NREAP at Work
Implementing local and regional energy actions for achieving the EU RES Directive
24 February 2011
Language(s): EN - English : PL - Polski
Regions 202020 Network Member(s) Organising Event:
- Workshop Programme and Presentations [EN / PL]
1. Workshop Capacity Objectives
The objective of this workshop has been to raise awareness of the targets and strategies set in the Polish National Renewable Energy Action Plan (NREAP) and improve the capacities of the workshop participants to implement the NREAP, in order to meet the 2020 targets.
The workshop aims have been to:
- Increase the participants' knowledge of the Polish REAP including its objectives, strategies and targets in order to facilitate local and regional implementation.
- Increase the participants' knowledge of the measures and actions that can be implemented in line with the REAP objectives.
- Display good examples of how to implement the REAP through training exercises in respective areas and how to ensure capacity building.
- Increase the participants' knowledge of measures and actions that can be implemented in line with the EEAP objectives.
- Help participants understand the various supporting structures available on a local/regional basis.
- Display relevant best practice measures and projects from other countries in Europe available in the ManagEnergy Case Studies and Good Practice database.
- Increase the participants' knowledge of how to incorporate the roles and functions of different actors and their involvement in implementing actions to fulfil the 2020 targets.
2. Local Capacity Needs and Target Group Needs
The main target groups have been:
- Recently established (year 2009-2010) Polish regional energy agencies
- Local and regional Polish energy agencies with public mandates established before 2009
- Local and regional authorities and organisations with a public mandate in Poland. Especially those that have signed up to the Covenant of Mayors initiative. Ten towns and cities in Poland signed up to the Covenant of Mayors (status August 2010)
3. Workshop Expected Outcomes
The workshop set out to increase capacity in the following areas:
- The sectoral targets, the technology mix expected to be used and the roadmap outlined in the NREAP
- How to implement the NREAP targets at the local/regional level
- Renewable energy use and potential in Poland
- Sustainability in energy utilisation
- Cooperation and interactions between different types of stakeholders and sectors