Home » Introduction
Introduction to ENNEREG and Regions 202020
The ENNEREG project involved 12 Pioneer Regions in the EU, of all types and sizes ranging from islands in Greece and Portugal to the whole of Wales, committed to demonstrating how regions can be a key driving force in fulfilling the EU 20-20-20 goals.
The ultimate aim of the ENNEREG project has been to establish and inspire a network of regions throughout Europe, “Regions 202020”, to produce regional Sustainable Energy Action Plans (SEAPs) and replicate Sustainable Energy Projects (SEPs).
Four key stages in the journey to a Sustainable Energy Europe:
- Pioneer Regions lead the way
- Exchanging experiences via Regions 202020 network and events
- Interacting with other EU Local and Regional Energy Actions including Sustainable Energy Communities projects
- Inspiring Replication in Regions and Communities throughout Europe
In 2013, the ENNEREG project launched its Regions 202020 Inspiration Guide aiming to provide all the information you need to become a Sustainable Energy Region:
- The guide helps you to decide where to start and what to do next in your journey to become a Sustainable Energy Region
- Ensure long term benefits for your Region, its stakeholders and citizens
- Protect the environment by using local renewable energy sources and minimising energy use
- Boost the economy and creating new jobs
- Identify where you can get further information, support and funding
- inspire regions to develop their own regional Sustainable Energy Action Plans and implement Sustainable Energy Projects at the regional level, as well as collaborate with and support their local municipalities
The aim is to enable your region to become a frontrunner in achieving such benefits by inspiring you to replicate actions in your region. This is based on experiences from the 12 ENNEREG Pioneer Sustainable Energy Regions, encompassing regional Sustainable Action Plans (SEAPs) and linked sustainable energy measures. By the time you reach the end of the Inspiration Guide you will know how to create your region’s Sustainable Energy Action Plan (SEAP) not only as a collection of measures, but also as a strategy that makes these measures coherent with European, National and Local regulations that you need to be familiar with. You will also have been introduced to numerous concrete examples of Sustainable Energy Projects that you could replicate and could help you.
The lead partner in each ENNEREG Pioneer Region varies from Regional Government, to national or regional energy agency to private company, illustrating how regional energy actors can take the lead in becoming a Sustainable Energy Region. In addition, several of the ENNEREG Pioneer Regions are Covenant of Mayors Territorial Coordinators, while two regions include islands which have been developing ISEAPs as part of IslePact.
Find the Regions202020 Inspiration Guide here - http://regions202020.eu/inspiration
The Guide, including Experiences from the ENNEREG Regions and Good Practice case studies, is also available on DVD-ROM (May 2013) - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (South Denmark European Office - Brussels) or email@example.com (ECNet - Denmark) if you would like a copy.
Find out more about ENNEREG and the Regions 202020 Network
ENNEREG Project Leaflet [EN]
Das Projekt ENNEREG [DE]
Το ENNEREG: Περιφέρειες πιλότοι για μια ενεργειακά βιώσιμη Ευρώπη [EL]
Las regiones ENNEREG preparando el camino para una energía sostenible en Europa [ES]
ENNEREG Regiony na rzecz Zrównowazonego Rozwoju - Pomorskie Voivodeship [PL]
ENNEREG Regiony na rzecz Zrównowazonego Rozwoju - Wielkopolska [PL]
Regiões ENNEREG pavimentando o caminho para uma Energia Sustentável Europa [PT]
Inspire and... be inspired - The Regions 202020 Inspiration Guide - taster leaflet: This 2 page A5 leaflet provides a short introduction to the Regions 202020 Inspiration Guide - Download Publication