Events » ISO 50001 Award Ceremony, 28 February 2012, Moneglia, Italy
ISO 50001 Award Ceremony
City of Moneglia
28 February 2012
Council Hall, Moneglia
Regions 202020 Network Member(s) Organising Event:
The city of Moneglia is the first case of development of a SEAP using the tools and procedures provided by the new standard ISO 50001. The ISO 50001, published on June 2011, defines the requirements that must be met to ensure proper management of energy aspects of an organization. Its structure is integrated with ISO 14001, dedicated to the environment, and with ISO 9000 series for quality, and it deals specifically with the Energy Management System (EMS). Energy policy, planning, objectives and targets setting, performance and actions monitoring, corrective actions are considered and managed in a rigorous way in a loop aimed to continuously improving energy performances.
The planning and objectives setting have been integrated with the requirements of the Covenant and the SEAP has become part of the System. The tools and procedures allow the City to collect the information necessary to control the consumption and the actions taken and to ensure the achievement of planned improvements.
Images: Property of the Province of Genova.
The ISO 50001 certification of the City of Moneglia was obtained on 30 December 2011 and has followed the approval of the SEAP on June 2011.
The integration of ISO 50001 and SEAP are among the activities of the European project Energy For Mayors and was undertaken with the support of the Province of Genova, coordinator of the Covenant of Mayors, and of Sogesca, a technical partner of the project. Soon a guideline for integration of SEAP and ISO 50001 will be available on the website www.energyformayors.eu.
The ceremony of award of the certificate was held on 28 February in the Council Hall in Moneglia with the following agenda:
- Welcome of the Authorities - Mayors of Moneglia, Claudio Magro and Assessore Provinciale al Patto dei Sindaci, Alberto Corradi
- The Energy policies of the Province - Provincia di Genova, Dario Miroglio, Coordinator of Energy for Mayors project
- The certification of ISO 50001 of the municipality of Moneglia: the Energy management system and the SEAP - Sogesca srl, Claudia Fiori
- Award of the certificate ISO 5001 to the municipalità of Moneglia - RINA Services S.p.a., Laura Marti In charge of Schemi ETS ed Energia and Fabio Ceccherini, Lead Auditor Ambiente ed Energia
- FEE, Claudio Mazza - President Fee Italia